A key aspect of planning student travel is researching and selecting the best overnight accommodations for your stay. With safety, comfort and affordability top of mind, there are other best practices to consider before booking.
Harley Freedman oversees the sales and marketing of long- and short-term accommodations and conference services for the Residences of Seneca College in Toronto, on behalf of Campus Living Centres, Canada’s largest student property management company.
“Safety, comfort and affordability are the primary concerns for groups traveling with young children,” Freedman said. “The Residences of Seneca College are reasonably priced, have been newly renovated, have a commitment to a high level of cleanliness standards, and have more safety protocols in place than many other accommodation facilities.”
Freedman shared his list of ideal accommodation options educators and student travel planners should consider when booking youth lodging.
- An option for continental breakfast services.
- Reasonably priced, clean and comfortable suites with a cleaning protocol program in place.
- 24-hour monitored front desk service.
- Camera monitored hallways, public areas and elevators.
- Monitored fire exits throughout the building.
- Full fire safety plan in place.
- On-site game room.
- On-site food service options.
- Interior corridors.
- No balconies.
- Restricted window opening access.
- Many educational facilities prefer that there is no swimming pool on-site.
- Double beds with a private bathrooms in suites.
- The option of quad occupancy in all suites.
- Facilities that are accustomed to youth groups being on-site.
- On-site meeting space available for evening events, functions, dances, etc.
- Bus parking available on-site and bus loading and unloading area.
- Easy access to major highways and public transportation with proximity to major public attractions.
About Residence & Conference Centre – Toronto
Residence & Conference Centre – Toronto is a short-term and extended-stay alternative to hotels in Toronto. Located on the Seneca College Newnham Campus, the modern facility offers affordable, alternative accommodations open to the public during the summer months, which is ideal for youth and student groups. Suites feature two bedrooms with double beds and three-piece bathrooms. Residence & Conference Centre – Toronto also includes kitchen facilities, event space and laundry service, among other amenities.